The aim of the puppy classes is to improve the owner-pet bond from just a fun relationship to a friend bond with an obedient child. The puppy can then go on to formal training and hopefully grow up to be the “best dog ever”!
Parys Puppy School
What we will teach your pets:
- Food and Nutrition Training
- Behavioural problems
- House and Potty Training
- Vaccination, Deworming and Sterilisation
- Fear of thunder and other loud noises
- Teach your puppy to come when it’s called
- Teach your dog to behave well around people and other dogs
- Teach your dog to sit, stay and lie down
- Teach you how to accept a collar and lead
- Teach your dog to walk beside you on a lead
- Teach your dog to fetch and give up a toy
- Teach your dog to be car ready
Puppy School Classes
The course stretches over 6 weeks and classes are given once per week. Puppies learn to socialize with other puppies and humans, and also learn the following: Sit, down, stay, the “leave command”, roll over and walking on a loose leash.
Pet parents also gain some valuable knowledge of how their puppies think, and why they behave in certain ways. They also learn how to cope with the different stages that puppies go through, like jumping up, etc.
Puppy Course bookings can be made at Parys Dierehospitaal, you can contact Ananka at reception on 056 8112114 to ask about further details.
Please also feel free you read the attached documents regarding the puppy school, registration for classes and payment. We look forward to seeing you at one of our courses soon.
Madelyn Venter did her National Diploma in Veterinary Technology at Technikon Pretoria and graduated in 1999. She also studied at COAPE International and finished the CO1 Dogwise Stage 1 course, a certificate in canine behaviour, the human/canine relationship and how to run exceptional dog training classes. Madelyn also studied Pet Psychology, as well as Canine Communication.
She has a passion for animals and use positive training methods, to strengthen the bond between humans and their canine family members.